Monday, September 17, 2012

Hello: Another World & Who or What?

Hey everyone, how has your week been?

Today is Monday which has potential for feelings both good and bad, I know. Having said that, I’d love to hear what you all had to say about the first Indie Poetry handout. Let’s post some minor observations about the poetry in terms of content & analysis, and let’s see if we can muster up a discussion about this particular genre of poetry. On a descriptive note, it is definitely a more contemporary form and has a lot of room to move around in—lots of possibilities.

Thank you for being brave souls and posting your work on here. Also, if you haven’t done so already, I’d love to read more poetry posts from you quiet ones. Feel free to respond constructively/supportively/good advice-y to the writing you see posted on here from others.

Poetry might seem a bit foreign, especially to those of you that click with other modes of expression, but don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zones. So speaking of which, here is a writing prompt for you to do. If you feel up to posting the product of your efforts, please share it with us! Of course, the prompt is just an idea. Feel free to write about something else more relevant to you, or about something that explores social awareness since it's synonymous to what we're looking at lately. Happy Writing :)


Another World
Discuss an aspect of the environment around you, i.e. concrete walls, trees, shadows. Write down several words that come into your perspective concerning this particular element using synonyms, antonyms, and descriptive words. Using this information, write about what your environment would then entail if these attributes stood out more than anything else, or if the world really did revolve around this particular object.

2 comments:

  1. The poem I wrote for this week is about my environment. Not quite in the way you described here, but I could write a few things in follow up to the poem. Like describing how I felt at the time of writing, and the way I relate to the objects around me. Can't wait to see you tomorrow for class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's still a great idea to be initially be inspired and then run with your own cultivated thoughts...:) If you are inspired at all by a writing prompt, then I think its general purpose has been served. I read your poem and responded to it and I think you did an awesome job stepping into the world of the Big City. See you in a few hours -- Oh so excited :)

      Delete