Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thoughtful Akuma


My name might be
Mephistopheles,
my heart small enough
to hold the both of us,

our insights resting
upon small hay bales
with a garish color
telling of a new spring,

my smile a sweet rue
but spilled with
minute surmountable regret,
powerful puppet-master

who pulls my strings
and reveals to me
small doses of faith
as a true constructionist,

my wings man-made
because I may be Godless,
peering out over the blue
flame that disguises

the world among an
ocean of sleepy hue,
dreary-eyed, I'd blink,
and with a little hope,

see the cobweb glitter.
________________________________

Definition of COBWEB

1
a : the network spread by a spider :
spiderweb
b : tangles of the silken threads of a
spiderweb usually covered with
accumulated dirt and dust

2
: something that entangles, obscures, or
confuses <a cobweb of law and politics>

No comments:

Post a Comment